Re: [CQ-Contest] Mult passing: is it okay to use?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Mult passing: is it okay to use?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 08:16:36 -0600
As long as the rules don't specifically prohibit it, I don't know why
it can't be done. In fact, I have had several stations in HF contests
ask me to QSY to another band to work them. It happened twice in the
recent NAQP.

On VHF+ it is common and expected. There's very little chance of
making a random QSO on the bands 2304 MHz and above around here. My
nearest stations in VHF contests are usually 100 miles away and dish
antennas have too narrow a beamwidth to just stumble across someone.
Almost all QSO's I make on 903 and above are by "mult passing." There
have been many times when I worked someone on 50 or 144 MHz and we
then went up the bands all the way to 10 GHz.

73, Zack W9SZ