Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 13:54:49 +0000
On 02/03/2011 12:37, Pete Smith wrote:

> This just about *has* to be a translation problem.

This attitude is typical of those, whether individuals
or organisations, who believe that they, alone, are the
custodians of truth and the paragons of reason.

They simply cannot imagine that anyone could think
differently, whatever about having the right to think
differently.

 > However, the Russians have always been at the cutting edge
 > so far as contesting technology is concerned, and I cannot
 > imagine that they really intend to ban remote operation
 > where all radio transmitting and receiving is done at a
 > single site.

That is precisely what the Russians really intend
to do, according to the translator Mats R3/SM6LRR.
It's a novel concept - it seems to be what is known
as an amateur radio station.

Why not review the translation privately with Mats?
Or get another translator - although I have the
impression that some operators not be satisfied
until they hear what they want to hear.

73,
Paul EI5DI