Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation

To: "'Mike Fatchett W0MU'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 11:54:34 -0600
Mike,

Review the history of the DXCC award.  You will find that in the past when
one changed call districts, or moved greater than 150 miles one had to start
all over.

Quote from 1975 rules: " 9) All stations must be contacted from the same
call area, where call areas exist, or from the same country in cases where
there are no call areas.  One exception is allowed to this rule: where a
station is moved from one call area to another, or from one country to
another, all contacts must be made from within a radius of 150 miles of the
initial location."

Maybe everyone should tear down their antenna farms, sell all radio and
related equipment and DX over the internet.  Because this is the direction
where DXing and contesting and communication (i.e. Skype) is headed.

Doug