Re: [CQ-Contest] Throwing the Baby Out With the Bathwater

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Throwing the Baby Out With the Bathwater
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:21:03 +0000
On 16/03/2011 12:45, Pete Smith wrote:

> I'm afraid that the Russian DX Contest organizers are doing something
> else, Hans. Instead of focusing too heavily on "top contesters", they
> seem obsessed with trying to prevent all cheating in their contest,

It seems to me that trying to prevent cheating in
contests is a reasonable thing for contest organisers
to do.

> They seemingly think that by rule-making they
> can achieve cheater-proofing, a dubious concept all in itself.

It looks like they are simply making it harder for
cheaters to get away with cheating.  What is dubious
about that concept?   IMHO inadequate or unenforced
rules are a charter for cheaters.

73,
Paul EI5DI