Re: [CQ-Contest] What would you have done?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What would you have done?
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:24:33 -0500
I had 2 different stations in the 2nd half of Sunday start to send me a
Field Day exchange before they caught themselves. I had a few more start
with "59" and then they realized they didn't need to send that.

Some folks had a few recorded exchanges (and some had a few accents) that
required me to confirm their info. That also includes some not saying their
call phonetically and very fast and unclear.

I didn't record any audio during this contest, but in a RTTY contest MMTTY
automatically records everything sent/received so I can look back on what
was captured when I get my LCR from the contest sponsors. I have a couple
of examples where I recorded exactly what they sent and it wasn't just 1
time but at least 2 times and it didn't match what they logged, so I had a
busted Q. Nothing you can do about it, though the log checking programs are
very good at properly assessing the situations.

David - K2DSL
http://www.k2dsl.com