Re: [CQ-Contest] CHECKLOGS -- another view CQWW-wise

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CHECKLOGS -- another view CQWW-wise
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:28:12 -0000
Checklogs are extremely important and valuable. Every log received helps
make the log checking better by enabling more cross checking.

There are many people who want to help out with the log checking, but do not
have an interest in submitting a log for listing in the magazine.  Some of
this is misunderstanding of the process and some is simply personal choice.

There are people who object to the practice of making logs public.  By
agreeing to keep checklogs private, these people are willing to submit a log
to help the log checking.  Since a checklog is not a "real" entry, then
there is no issue for the sponsor in  keeping the log private.

If I may make a small editorial comment on this thread...  Stuff happens.
No matter how good you are and how hard you try, the guy on the other end
may have a bad day, hit Alt-W instead of enter, or just not log every QSO.
Nothing you can do about that.  In the end, this percentage of random errors
goes across all logs and effects everyone more or less equally.

If you want to take random error out of the equation, work enough people to
have a big lead over your competition!

Randy, K5ZD