[CQ-Contest] CHECKLOGS -- another view CQWW-wise

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CHECKLOGS -- another view CQWW-wise
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 08:26:55 -0000
Great idea, below, and it's come up before. The practice applied only to DXCC
and I'm certain that it had to be abandoned because it was an administrative,
time-consuming, nightmare at arrl hq.

The Great Leap Forward would be to find a way to fully integrate, 100 per cent,
contest logs submitted and LotW -- surely this would encourage more
participation in both programs. If they could find a way around the LotW
"certification" issue they could simply roll contest logs right over into LotW.
Your U.S. county would have to be added to the Cabrillo contest log header.

Anybody who objected to his contest log automatically going into LotW could
simply opt out of it. Make it a log header

LOTW:   YES
or
LOTW:   NO

How to make this happen? Don't bother with the volunteer advisory committees.
Go directly to your director and convince him or her that this could be a
money-maker for the league. Mention that DXCC and contests are the league's
most popular programs and generate a lot of good will for them (a few pig
farmers and boaters excepted, of course).

ARRL doesn't make a dime on contests; it does (I think) make a few pennies on
DXCC and WAS submissions via LotW. At least I hope they do -- they have to make
a few somewhere, after all.

There might be a downside to this proposal somewhere and I am absolutely
certain that I will be apprised of it.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Whiteout, Wisconsin