Re: [CQ-Contest] Inequity of Zone Checking

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Inequity of Zone Checking
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:54:46 -0500
My comment is my own opinion, and I am NOT associated with CQ WW, nor
any contest except the Michigan QRP Club's contests, which are not in
anyway associated with CQ WW.

I'd say, IF we want to really be able to judge the ability to copy under
adverse conditions, there should be some "useful" information in the
contact, rather than a "known" 5NN and a "Known" (for the most part)
zone.  Maybe, something like a first four letters of the name of the
operator and the birth year (for example).

The 5NNxx is "known" for most countries, and the Log Checker doesn't
even check for the "599" part, so if I send "559" instead of "5NN" AND
the fellow actually copies 559, it doesn't make any difference.

73 de n8xx Hg