Re: [CQ-Contest] dit dit dit

To: "cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] dit dit dit
From: KU7Y <ku7y.cw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 15:53:39 -0700
If the idea behind a contest is to test our skills, then why do the
exchanges contain data that we can predict so easily?

RST, SPC, Zones, even serial numbers are not much of a test.  After all, you
can listen to the serial numbers 3 or 4 times to get them one at a time!
The better ops get them the first time.  The computer already knows the RST,
SPC and Zones to a high degree of accuracy.  Not much to be tested on there
either.

Almost everyone uses a computer for logging.  So..... why not just have a
random number, or random alphanumeric number generated for each QSO?  You
would need to keep asking AGN? until you got it.

And you would have to copy another new number when you work the same station
on another band so the computer could not even help you there.

Ah, I know..... tradition..... old records..... etc.....

OK, back in my hole,

Ron, KU7Y
SOWP 5545M
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club