Re: [CQ-Contest] dit dit dit

To: "'Mike N1TA'" <n1tangoalpha@gmail.com>, "'cq-contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] dit dit dit
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 17:28:07 -0600
Do as you wish.  I will make one last attempt to get my point across to you.
In a CQ contest, if I choose to not to give out a signal report in the
exchange, I will still get credit for that contact and so will the station
that made the contact with me.  So why do it?  'You can lead a horse to
water, but you can't make it drink', comes to mind.
Another thing ... the 'rules' say to send in cw RST (i.e. 599).  Now since
you feel strongly about the 'rules', if you send cut numbers (i.e. 5nn,
etc.), then you are breaking the exchange rule.  I cannot see any where in
the rules where cut numbers are allowed.  Think about it.

Doug

RST.