[CQ-Contest] field day aux gear power source

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] field day aux gear power source
From: "Jeff Blaine" <jeff@ac0c.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 23:14:42 -0500
The FD rules specify the rig must be run from a power source other than mains.

But how would station accessories (like a power meter used to ensure QRP power
compliance, for example) or non-station gear (lighting, computer, etc) treated?

I can see it either way.  However, it seems to me that in a real emergency, the
only thing that counts is power to the rig.  Anything a guy brings to
facilitate contest scoring (computers), personal comfort (electric seat warmer)
or whatever would not be there in an emergency and I expect is not considered
“rig”.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie