Re: [CQ-Contest] field day aux gear power source

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] field day aux gear power source
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:21:39 -0600
The wording of the rule, for Class A stations, from http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2013/2013%20Rules.pdf is :

"To be listed as Class A, all contacts must be
made with transmitter(s) and receiver(s) operating independent of commercial power mains."

I have never interpreted this to mean that computers, lights and other non-transmitters and non-receivers must be operated independently from commercial power mains.

Looking forward to my 41st Field Day.

73,
Steve, N2IC