Re: [CQ-Contest] field day aux gear power source

To: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@me.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] field day aux gear power source
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 07:30:41 -0600
Good find. Carefully hidden on Page 15 of the 44 page FD packet in http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2013/2013-FD-Packet-V3.pdf .

Was this a change for 2013 ?

Speaking of rules changes for 2013, QRX for another thread to be started by me.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 05/16/2013 07:47 PM, Jack Brindle wrote:
Keep reading. From the Field Day FAQ:

Q. What equipment at our Field Day site must be operated off of the
emergency power in order to claim the 100- point per transmitter bonus?
A. You must operate all transmitting and receiving equipment from
emergency power. If you use a computer to control or operate the radio,
it also must use emergency power. If the computer is used only for
logging and is not keying the transmitter, it does not need to be
emergency powered.

I doubt you used Computer logging and CQing for all of those 41 years,
but if you use one for controlling (not just monitoring) the transmitter
this year, it better be run from emergency power.

Jack B, W6FB

On May 16, 2013, at 3:21 PM, Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com