Re: [CQ-Contest] NILs hurt

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NILs hurt
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 14:42:18 -0400
Hearing QSO B4 is so annoying when calling a station that is not in your
log. It happens to me almost every contest. I work the dupes that call me!

John KK9A

To:     cq-contest@contesting.com
From:    Jim Preston <jpreston1@cox.net>
Date:    Wed, 04 Sep 2013 09:29:52 -0700

Jukka,

That doesn't always work. In a recent contest, a running station confirmed
my exchange. However, I hadn't sent an exchange yet. He then went on to
work another station. Since I hadn't sent my exchange, we didn't have a
valid QSO. I called him back and got B4. I tried calling him later and got
B4. Since we didn't have a good QSO, he didn't get in my log.

73,

Jim N6VH