Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting is a Game

To: Yuri <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting is a Game
From: Tod Olson <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:56:21 -0500
Yuri and others who sent me direct emails:

I agree with you entirely. The two sentences below were included in my email
to point out that 'breaking a rule' in response to someone else 'breaking a
rule' is non-ethical and probably not effective.

" ?However, doing such a thing deliberately does place you in the category
of
someone who is not operating ethically in the contest. "

"?Whether this would cause offenders to cease and desist is problematical
---  I expect not."

I suspect we should do as we do with deliberate QRM;  ignore it and continue
operating or  move away to a different place. As Yuri says, "?only
WRTC-style contests may be called a "real competition".

Tod, K0TO