Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules
From: cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:17:19 -0500 (EST)

First, I didn't do the NAQPCW, but almost always do the SSB version.

Once upon a time before I had a big station I was a little pistol too.  I
realistically set my goals...maybe first place in FL, maybe top 20, maybe
beating my last score, or maybe coming within a few hundred Qs behind the "big
boys".  If somneone with a small station always compares himself with big guns,
he'llwind up terribly disappointed and will miss a whole lot of fun.

By the way, we Goliaths sometimes get whipped by moderate stations.  I remember
in 2005 when I was plagued by severe line noise in the ARRL 10 meter contest.
My 6/6/6/6/6/6 was beaten by a much smaller station.  It does happen.

For an example of what a small station can do in NAQP, check out what K6LL has
been able to do.