[CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules
From: Tom Horton <k5iid@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 21:45:41 -0800 (PST)
Jeff,
 For years I have bemoaned the same things...just ain't fair.
In fact, many years ago at an ARRL Convention Contest Forum, I almost
got booed out of the room when I mentioned the word handicap.
I have come to realize that if there was a way to actually enforce rules that
actually did put
everybody on an equal plane...100 watts...only dipoles,40 feet max
height, etc...
The same stations would probably still win. Some of us got it and some of us
don't got it.
I used to have it more than I do now. But that was a while back and frankly the
competition was not near as stiff as it is now.
Jeff, I agree that you are indeed a good contest operator, but some things are
and some things aren't. Whatever that means.
 Hi!
All in all...I still love contests and will do any of them that I can.
73, Tom K5IID

There is no joy in Mudville!
http://www.dfwcontest.com

K5IID Tom Horton  Hillsboro, TX