Re: [CQ-Contest] SO1R vs.: SO2R

To: KU7Y <ku7y.cw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO1R vs.: SO2R
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 17:42:35 -0500
I do get it.  How can one radio compete against two?  How can a guy with
one or two towers compete against a guy with 10.  How can two guys with two
radios (M2) compete against a shorthanded MM station with six ops in the
same category?  How can two guys/one radio (MS) compete against a full crew
with 6 radios in the same class?

Here is the interesting thing.  A poor SO2R op (does not interleave QSOs)
can look 100% like a single radio log.  OR a single band op (at the right
station) can do SO2R.  Looking at the log, it may not be onvious he was
doing SO2R - rather doing SO2V...

Bottom line?  Life ain't fair.  Some folks have more
radios/towers/antennas/better locations.  Others folks face all manner of
restrictions.  If all it takes is more radios/towers/antennas/location,
there is no point in running a contest - the winner would be the guy (or
gal) with the most hardware.  Do the results bear this out?  I don't think
so.  More hardware does not guarantee a win.

Get on.  Have FUN!  Even if you can't/won't win, having fun needs to be a
big part of it, or there really is no reason to even try...

Tom - VE3CX