Re: [CQ-Contest] Need clarification from DL1MGB

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Need clarification from DL1MGB
From: Gediminas Lučinskas <LY3BA@takas.lt>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 23:42:23 +0200
Ranko,

It was explained in FAQ http://www.wrtc2018.de/en/qualifying earlier:
-------------------------
Q: Why are Assisted, Non-Assisted, Single Band and Single Mode in the same
category?
A: The main reason is to simplify the rules and to promote the competition
by concentrating operators in only few categories. We do not intend to rate
down the skills known from the good old times, nor do we plan to include the
use of the DX-Cluster in the WRTC2018. Meanwhile using assisted technologies
has become a facet of contesting. A contester these days should also be able
to use them wisely.
Very innocent "to simplify the rules"...  Why not to go further and simplify
the rules even more, just to point finger to some 50 persons and tell them -
you are selectesd.
The normal unassisted contesting would not be killed for the next two years
at least.

73! Gedas LY9A