Re: [CQ-Contest] Claiming assistance when not actually assisted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Claiming assistance when not actually assisted
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 12:13:10 -0500
Tor suggests:
> Why not automatically enter all unassisted entries in both the unassisted
and
> assisted categories?

I think there is some validity to this suggestion, and for example I know
that "Tribander plus wires" top score overlay box in WPX includes both
assisted and unassisted scores without distinction. (At other levels in the
individual score listing, there is a distinction made still)

At this point I might start asking why not eliminate the distinction
between assisted and unassisted, and allow assistance for everyone? Many
contests have done so already. This is not the point I was trying to raise,
though.

Tim N3QE