Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 22:48:58 -0700

I don't find the age distribution to be surprising at all. Age data from the All Asian contest exchange looks similar. Look at the pictures from Dayton or any club meeting and compare them to pictures taken 30 years ago ... pretty much all you see are people that are 30 years older.

Somebody I was speaking to once claimed that the average age of ham radio ops in the U.S. increased at least one year every 1.5 years. Seems about right to me.

73,
Dave  AB7E