Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1

To: "Matt Murphy" <matt@nq6n.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Survey results - part 1
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 18:33:29 -0800 (PST)
"Please Copy", which seems to unduly irritate a few, has honest roots in
contesting.  ARRL Sweepstakes was first conceived as a test of traffic handling
skills, and the exchange format was taken from the heading of the ARRL message
format.  In voice traffic handling the phrase "Please Copy" is a placeholder
indicating the start of a formal message.  By force of habit it is easy to
understand why the phrase would migrate into contesting.

__73, de Hans, K0HB

"Just a Boy and His Radio"™