Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured

To: "'Ward Silver'" <hwardsil@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 21:19:34 -0000
Well put Ward.  It really is impossible to make radio contesting fair in the
sense of other sports that have balls, sticks, and a playing field.  But, as
you point out, we can minimize some of the variables through regional
scoring.  This is true for all contests - not just CQWW.

Since the CQWW score data is already in a database that allows selection by
category, country, continent, zone...  it would probably be easy to create
regional slices as well.  What regions would be "fair" for score comparison
purposes?

Randy, K5ZD

PS: http://www.becomingminimalist.com/compare-less/