Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured
From: Christian Schneider <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 00:17:01 +0200
K9JWV wrote:
(...) Here is an example of antenna discriminator I introduced to QR ARCI
contests:

Antennas:
Entry may be A1 or A2

A1: Single Element Antenna

A2: Multiple Element Antenna or rotatable antenna

(...)
Some food for thought.....71.5/72 de Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV
In the survey of WAG 2015 we asked about a potential category "LP mixed, no rotable antenna and no part of the antenna(s) being higher up than 12m". The "yes"-percentages represented about the percentages of respondents using such a setup: More than one third in the German speaking group, below 30 percent in the English speaking group, but comparatively less interest in the Russian speaking group.
http://www.darc.de/der-club/referate/dx/contest/wag/en/newsarchives/survey-2015/

Regarding the revolving issue of activity for the sake of activity versus competetive minded activity there was (only?) a fifth of the participants mentioning a competetive motivation but also more than 25 percent saying they would like to operate more seriously as a competitor but had no fitting goal. IMHO we have to fight for that group (as long as we call it contest instead of activity weekend) - without being able to promise that rules would overcome geografic handicaps. A lot of small steps may be helpful like promoting livescores, contests-in-the-contest, even more reporting, prize incentives below the usual plaque schemes (mostly ending on the same walls). Disadvantage: They need much more time than a change of rules :-(

73 Chris DL8MBS