Re: [CQ-Contest] New Category Suggestion

To: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Category Suggestion
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 23:23:38 +0300
Weell .. You know, the station owners had to acquire land and permissions
to build their stations.

The just-operators have never had to take the burden and learn skills
outside operating.
The just-operators can concentrate at operating.

The owner-operators have a bunch of skills they have to keep updated plus
they need a lot of skills to keep the station fit for contests.

I know some just-operators who cannot even think about investing their time
into not-operating skills learning or not-operating activities.

The gap in burden the station owners take is in cat size letters huge.
The contest of a station owner and a just-operator is as huge.
The burden the station owner's family accepts is grand .. grand, I tell you.

To get acceptance from the family is another ballgame the just-operators do
not really comprehend.
Some do; to some extent; but most do simply not have a clue what it all
takes from the families.

The effort levels differ fundamentally.

73,
Jukka OH6LI