Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 00:16:52 -0400
I lost quite a few QSOs. For a number of years, the Russia DX was the same weekend as the Virginia QSO party. In the FCC database, my callsign was listed as being a Virginia address. For many logging programs, I would pop up as being a Virginia QSO party multiplier and casual ops who were focusing their efforts on the Virginia QSO party would work me for a QSO. There, I lost points, which is absolutely stupid IMHO.

Casual ops are the bread and butter of DX contest stations and discouraging them doesn't send a very good message.

73 Rich NN3W