Re: [CQ-Contest] Dead zero beat pile ups

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dead zero beat pile ups
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 15:14:53 -0700
Here's a little secret from the old days:
When ZL1AMO operated from some of the rarer spots and generated massive pileups, he'd often listen DOWN 1, after sending UP. I worked him in several placess with 100W and a dipole, with just a few calls. Something like that would no longer stay quiet, with panadapters and DX Clusters.

Barry W2UP