Re: [CQ-Contest] Time to QSY?

To: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Time to QSY?
From: Steve Lott <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 13:19:29 -0500
Steve NR5M

Thank you for the detailed post about that great antenna farm

Love to know more about how you planned the layout,
layout is easy when you don't have the space

But I now have 57 acres
and find myself wondering how far from each tower should the next tower be
etc etc

Yes I know guys we should all be plagued with such problems
I struggled with 3 acres in Louisiana prior to coming to the new QTH here
in Texas

My biggest struggle here is the views of rock 18 inch under the top soil
makes it tough to get guy anchor holes to the "By the Book" depth

My first two towers are planned to be 300 feet apart
in a North South line chosen so that the beams are almost never pointed
directly at each other
from the other tower

I have become a BIG fan of the YCCC 9el vertical rcv array
It works and works extremely well
I now hear things I can't work :)

cheers!
steve

PS Steve, yes I have worked you in more than a few contest

http://www.KG5VK.com
My Ham Radio Friends