Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting explanation from CQWW blog

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting explanation from CQWW blog
From: Larry <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 08:50:05 -0400
Perhaps. We used 2M repeater voice nets to alert others to DX (and a lesser extent for contests) before the clusters came about. The voice nets were gradually replaced by 2M "clusters" eventually often with 220 or 440 interconnect links between nodes into wider networks. Eventually the 2M repeater nodes were mostly (if not all) replaced with internet connections.

73, Larry W6NWS