Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting explanation from CQWW blog

To: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting explanation from CQWW blog
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 18:59:54 -0400
I too have been doing this, like Jeff, for a long time.  I don't think the
"point and click" thing is a god thing for the hobby.  There's an easy way
to make in very simple and uncomplicated.  Just shut off the RBN and cluster
feeds during the contest.

I can hear the next complaint with self spotting allowed.  Why do I need to
give my callsign on the air.  Everyone knows I am on this frequency from the
spot.  Oh and the spot comment field has my exchange too.  So just a
broadcast of the caller and his exchange is necessary.  The self spotting
running station can just say thanks.

Is this honestly the desired outcome of the contest community?

Re read Jeff's post and see if a different conclusion is more desirable than
allowing self spotting.

Laziness is killing us folks.  Harder is more interesting and rewarding.

73

Ed  N1UR