[CQ-Contest] Self-spotting explanation from CQWW blog

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting explanation from CQWW blog
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 11:36:24 -0400
Hi Rich,

>>Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of keeping the single-op category, always have been.

Single-op is the heart and soul of ham radio and contesting. I cannot imagine it being discarded.

>>But prohibiting self-spotting in single-op unassisted means these
enforcement issues will continue to hound us

If a participant chooses single-op unassisted, how is self-spotting a factor?

>>And if the rules are changed to allow self-spotting, how does one self-spot in single-op without the Internet?

Again, if the decision was to participate in the unassisted category, why is self-spotting or not an issue. Unassisted means no access to the benefits of spotting, sent or received, self or otherwise.

As for internet access or not, I believe the RF based cluster still exist in some places. It may not be as common as in years past, but if available, it cannot be ignored by the rules.

73 de Vince, VA3VF