Re: [CQ-Contest] Attention CQWW SO2R Competitors

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Attention CQWW SO2R Competitors
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 06:57:08 -0600
If your sidetone is turned off, as was the case when I operated SO2R, there's nothing heard by the operator during transmit.

Barry, OK1/W2UP

On 6/28/2017 9:04 PM, John W wrote:
Hopefully the sponsor will chime in and clarify this, but when I read the
following:

"must record the transmitted and received audio as heard by the operator"

I understood that to mean that I must record the transmitted and received audio
as heard by the operator .

In other words, I did not interpret that as saying:

"must record the transmitted signal as transmitted as well as the received audio as
heard by the operator".

Jorge (and some others), what makes you  want to use the second interpretation?

You are adding your own extra words that are not actually there in the rule.

What the rule is saying is that whatever I am hearing in my headphones must be
recorded, and it's as simple as that.

There is no need to make it more complicated than it is.

73,

John

W2ID