Re: [CQ-Contest] Pileups and calling freqs

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Pileups and calling freqs
From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 17:02:47 -0800
Program an S&P macro to send your call slightly offset. I use -50 Hz. My
N1MM macro for the K3 is  F9 XIT W6SX,{CAT1ASC XT1;RO-0050;}W6SX .

Use experience and situation awareness to decide whether to call offset or
not. You’ll quickly develop a feel.

Extra Bonus Tips.

I use AutoHotkey to map F4 to the CapsLock key. It’s a lot easier to hit
CapsLock than to reach for F4.

I use AutoHotkey to map my S&P offset key to LeftShift. To call a station,
I use either CapsLock (zerobeat) or LeftShift (offset) as the situation
dictates.

If you use the offset macro, at least with the K3, the offset will stay in
effect when you tune away after the contact. My S&P F4 macro includes
{CAT1ASC XT0;} which turns XIT off. When I call the next station, I can hit
CapsLock—zerobeat—or LeftShift—offset.

Contest Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX