Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW Contest in QST

To: steve.root <steve.root@culligan4water.com>, CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW Contest in QST
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 19:34:28 -0400
I like W3LPL's idea of making whatever is in QST being geared to the more
casual op.  We all know the final tally on the net.

Unfortunately, I see a constant trend at ARRL that contesting is just not a
market of interest to them.  They much prefer the simple "shack on a belt" type
or the new "digi" equivalent.  I hope their decisions work out for them.

We should INSIST that NCJ do things differently for us.  Otherwise, we need to
walk with our feet.  NCJ should expand and start covering the ARRL DX and SS
contests - maybe 160M and 10M as well.  The QST folks would probably be heard
all the way up here in Vermont, celebrating.

Ed  N1UR