Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC band contesting is a thing now !

To: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC band contesting is a thing now !
From: af5cc2 <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2020 18:08:10 -0600
Field Day allowed operation on 12 and 17 for a couple of yearsSent via the
Samsung Galaxy A10e, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net> Date: 2/8/20
6:01 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: cq-contest@contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest]
WARC band contesting is a thing now ! Seems likely to me that it was simple
ignorance by the organizers.  I've seen a number of instances where
inexperienced folks volunteered to handle a state QSO party and had one of
those "wouldn't it be great if.we added something new..." ideas.  Usually not
this bad, but in retrospect, I'm surprised this is the first time (that I can
recall) this has happened since WARC 1979.73, Pete N4ZRCheck out the Reverse
Beacon Networkat <http://reversebeacon.net>, nowspotting RTTY activity
worldwide.For spots, please use your favorite"retail" DX cluster.On 2/8/2020
4:27 PM, Doug Grant wrote:> Some years ago I was helping with a ham radio demo
at a big Boy Scout> event. Things were going great then two contests started
(WAG and CQP I> think). 10 and 15 got very full of contest activity so I
decided to try the> “If you want to get away from the contesters, try the WARC
bands” idea to> see if it really would work.>> It was great! Had a bunch of
excellent introductory QSOs on 12 and 17> meters with no QRM from those dang
contesters.>> I support the “no contests on 12/17/30 meters” policy.>> The VTQP
guys made a mistake and I hope they will not repeat it and that> nobody else
makes the same mistake.>> 73,>> Doug K1DG>