Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC band contesting is a thing now !

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC band contesting is a thing now !
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 16:57:14 -0500
Seems likely to me that it was simple ignorance by the organizers.  I've seen a number of instances where inexperienced folks volunteered to handle a state QSO party and had one of those "wouldn't it be great if.we added something new..." ideas.  Usually not this bad, but in retrospect, I'm surprised this is the first time (that I can recall) this has happened since WARC 1979.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.