Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC band contesting is a thing now !

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC band contesting is a thing now !
From: Stanley Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 18:14:05 -0500
The IARU Region 2 band plan states clearly:

Contests: Contest activity shall not take place on: 2200 m (136 kHz), 630 m
(472 kHz), 60 m (5.3 MHz), 30 m (10 MHz), 17 m (18 MHz) and 12 m (24 MHz).
Non-contesting radio amateurs are encouraged to also use the contest-free bands
during large international contests. Member societies are encouraged to publish
contest operating segments clearly in the rules of their contests and that
those segments are considered with due respect to the IARU band plans.

‘Nuff said!

Stan, K4SBZ

"Real radio bounces off the sky."