Re: [CQ-Contest] Question about category

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Question about category
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 11:16:33 -0700
On 10/4/2020 1:47 AM, Tonno Vahk wrote:
ARRL in his FAQ even defines it:

“Operating” includes all methods of soliciting and making QSOs.

Neither ARRL or CQ are the rule-makers for all contests. I know of at least one state QSO party that considers the driver of a mobile entry an operator. For mobile operation, I consider this entirely fair to differentiate this from one person in a mobile who both drives and operates. Certainly operating and logging while also driving is quite challenging; the alternative is for the single person to drive between setups, park, and operate, in both cases with self-contained antennas and power capable of operation in motion.

73, Jim K9YC