Re: [CQ-Contest] Spoofed Spots

To: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spoofed Spots
From: Jim McDonald <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 16:08:35 +0000
DXPacketCluster was created by Dick Newell, AK1A, in the late 1980s.  It used
TNCs (Terminal Node Controllers) on VHF.  Initially, the nodes were standalone,
but soon were connected with backbones on UHF.

I was the first cluster sysop in AZ, with funding for the computer and software
supplied by several members of the Central AZ DX Association.  (17 of us each
chipped in $100.)  I was excited when we had 20 or 30 users locally.

Info is at https://www.dxcluster.info/ .

73,  Jim N7US