Re: [CQ-Contest] Spoofed Spots

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spoofed Spots
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 16:43:23 -0800
On 12/5/2021 2:39 PM, Jack Brindle via CQ-Contest wrote:
Isn’t that the way it is supposed to be? Remember, the spotting system was created so that
hams could alert other hams as to the availability of DX or other “special”  stations.
We contesters discovered that it was an effective way to do the same during contests.

I wasn't active at the time, but I've been told on good authority that the spotting network was developed BY the contesting community, not the DX community.

73, Jim K9YC