Re: [Karlnet] Full Duplex KarlNet

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Full Duplex KarlNet
From: "Paul C. Diem" <PCDiem@FoxValley.net>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 09:39:47 -0500 (CDT)
I understand that. I'm not expecting to be able to get 22mbps throughput.
I'm expecting to get closer to 11mbps.

Judging by the interface counters, it does seem to be doing what is
described (almost all data is sent over one interface and almost all data
is received over the other interface). I'm seeing FCS errors on one end so
I'm not suspecting that I'm causing interference for myself because I have
the two antenna's mounted right next to each other.

I have improved the performce by setting the sending interface on each
side to be the base station and the receiving interface to be the
satelite. BTW, what is the best configuration for a point-to-point link?
Is it best to make one end a non-polling base station and the other a
satelite or is it better to make both ends "TurboCell No Base Stations"
(peer-to-peer)?

Paul C. Diem
PCDiem@FoxValley.net