Re: [Karlnet] Configuring Karlnet Flash ROM for first time

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Configuring Karlnet Flash ROM for first time
From: Roger Boggs <rogerboggs@att.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:35:39 -0400
Did you get it figured out yet, Barry?

I don't know exactly what FlashROM module you've got in your
hands there, but most of the ones I've dealt with have a 40-pin header
up near the LEDs.  Two of these "jumper positions" (seems to me they
were J5 and J6 but I could be miles off) were for a pair of Reset Switches
that control the unit allowing you to either Reset To Factory Default (R1)
or Load Firmware Through Ethernet Port (R2).

In the bridges we made, these were momentary (normally open)
pushbutton switches connected to the jumpers that worked as follows:

Turn the unit off

To reset to factory IP and SNMP password default with no other changes
to the firmware, press and hold the R1 switch in, power up the unit,
and waituntil the unit has completed it's BIT (Built-In-Test) diagnostics
and normal power up sequence.

To force a firmware upload through the Ethernet port, push and hold the R2
switch in, power up the unit, and wait until the uppermost green LEDs on the
Forwarding Rate bar graph are lit.  (40, 60, 80, 100?).  At this point, you
release the R2 switch.  Then, you do an Open Config File on the bin file you
want to load the unit with, give it the key that you have for the ethernet MAC
address (not the wireless MAC), then do a File|Upload Firmware to the default
IP address of the unit.

Simple, no?