RE: [Karlnet] PRISM II 100mW card kicks a.. (Nothing wrong with the rad

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] PRISM II 100mW card kicks a.. (Nothing wrong with the radio!)
From: "Tony " <tonylist@wwwbiz.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:27:35 -0400
In the process :)

Sincerely
Tony Morella
Demarc Technology Group
Office: 908-996-7995
Cell: 908-246-9170
Fax: 908-847-0202
email: tony@demarctech.com
http://www.demarctech.com
Wireless Solution Provider

-----Original Message-----
From: karlnet-admin@WISPNotes.com [mailto:karlnet-admin@WISPNotes.com]
On Behalf Of Donovan A. Huff
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 5:15 AM
To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] PRISM II 100mW card kicks a.. (Nothing wrong with
the radio!)

Tony are their antennas that are certified with these cards as a FCC
certified system? If so which ones? Or if you supply a FCCID I'll look
it up. Thanks.

Regards,

Donovan A. Huff
Owner / Operator
Huff Data Systems / EdnaOnline
www.huffdatasystems.com / www.ednaonline.com
(361) 501-2957   donovan@huffdatasystems.com

On
> Behalf Of Tony
> Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 12:57 AM
> To: 'Norm Young'; karlnet@WISPNotes.com
> Subject: RE: [Karlnet] PRISM II 100mW card kicks a.. (Nothing wrong
with
> the radio!)
>
> Well All Right!
>
> This is very good news ;) I know the frustration you are having! We
have
> been trying to duplicate the problem and just could not do it if the
> cards where inserted the way I listed before.
>
> Hmm where did you get the connectors from? The only reason I ask is
the
> one we use fit in nice and snug, we have seen other cheap mmcx
connector
> just not fix right and the slightest move reduces the RF performance.
>
> Norm, I (WE) want your input as you the customers help us drive the
> performance and quality of the products up. Your input is always very
> welcome, on or off list!
>
> Plug ;)
> http://www.demarctech.com/products/relia-wave-100mw-pcmcia-card.html
>

> Sincerely
> Tony Morella
> Demarc Technology Group
> Office: 908-996-7995
> Cell: 908-246-9170
> Fax: 908-847-0202
> email: tony@demarctech.com
> http://www.demarctech.com
> Wireless Solution Provider

PtP
> link, driving the signal strength from -77dBm with the 15dB Orinoco up

> to -67dBm for the 100mW card.  A bit more than would be expected.  (I
> wonder how these RF connectors for the radios take physical stress,
> bending them around in the box that the AP1000 is located in...the
only
> thing that changed here was the card and the pigtail (same length))
> Receive signal strength was just as good as the Orinoco card I swapped

> out, which was a bit of a surprise again, as the Orinoco is specd as
> having better recv. sensitivity than the PRISM II.
>
> Anyway, bottom line, the PRISM II 100mW card works just fine, actually

> better than fine, it seems to work great, turning the backhaul into
> quite
> the barn burner.   It even seems to remotely reboot (although I didn't
> have
> a lot of time up there and tried it only a couple of times).  So, go
> figure. Not sure what the problem is (was?).
>
> Something wrong with the PtMP antenna setup perhaps.  Recalculated the

> downtilt and cranked it back a bit, going to see how that works out.
> May be a problem with connectors (they were among my first attempts).
>
> Apologies to Tony, and anyone else that had any doubts introduced
about
> the
> PRISM II cards.   Part of the problem is that it's not easy for me to
> make
> changes as I have to drive up to the AP, and the weather needs to be
> perfect, otherwise I could have done this testing before making any
> noises. I guess I was a bit bummed about the performance, as all these

> customers are coming online next week and I was panicking, and wanted
> know if anyone else was seeing the same problem.  (As the cards had
just
> been introduced.) I'll try to check my keyboard at the door next time
> and do more testing, and less panicking.
>
> Norm

Karlnet