RE: [Karlnet] Karlnet for USB!

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Karlnet for USB!
From: "hfl-lists" <hfl-lists@stormcrows.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 08:01:44 -0500
Man, that is a whole lot of latency....

A question to someone who has not yet deployed TC (but is planning on
it): is the max link speed of a TC network 5.5mbps instead of 11mbps?  I
thought that there was just a certain percentage of overhead based upon
the number of active cell clients.  Not sure what that formula would be,
but I assumbed that if you could get all clients connected at 11mbps
that you would have a throughput of 11mbps x (1.0 - xx%) where xx% is
the polling overhead.

Any input you could provide is useful.

Thanks.