Re: [Karlnet] Karlnet for USB!

To: <karlnet@wispnotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Karlnet for USB!
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:44:03 -0500
11Mb radio speed does not equal 11Mb data speed.   On a typical 802.11b
network you will get 4.5Mb data speed.  It appears with Karlnet, under a
little load...you'll actually get better performance than that.

I think he was just saying that the AP will operate at a slower speed
because of the USB limitations.  However, the difference isn't 11Mb to
3.3Mb...it is more like 5.5Mb to 3.3.