RE: [Karlnet] SOHO vs. Sat

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] SOHO vs. Sat
From: "John Benson" <john@mwutah.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:03:57 -0700
So what you are saying (correct me if I am wrong) is that the SOHO base RG
will only register one of the mac addresses on the wired network side if a
computer or device on the wired side tries to send a unicast packet to the
camera?  What about a computer sending a broadcast packet on the wired
network?  Will it's mac address get added to the mac table of the SOHO base
RG, and count up until the 5 mac limit is reached?

Obviously the sure solution is to use a satellite software, but I would
really like to understand exactly what triggers a mac to be added to the mac
bridge table.

John