[Karlnet] limiting bandwidth

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] limiting bandwidth
From: LaRoy McCann <lmccann@roachconveyors.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:58:01 -0500
How do you limit a user to a certain bandwidth? The only setting I can find on the karlnet firmware is Max Tx Rate in Kbits / Sec. Actually this is a speedlan 8000 series box, but it uses the karlnet firmware.

If this sets only the Tx side, then you are only limiting the upload speed and not the download speed. I want to limit the speed that a user downloads data to their computer.

I know the connections are sold based on the speed that a user wants to pay for, but just am not sure exactly how to limit that.

If the wireless link will not do that then what is everyone else doing to limit a user to a certain bandwidth.

I guess I could setup a linux box and use iptables to limit each user.

Sorry if this issue has been beat to death before.

Thanks
LaRoy McCann