Re: [Karlnet] Outdoor FlashROM ???

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Outdoor FlashROM ???
From: "Bob Hrbek" <bhrbek@jagwireless.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:32:41 -0500
The thermo electric coolers (peltier) just don't work well enough.  You need
to supply way to much power and have way to much heat sink on each side for
any worthwhile cooling effect.  The whole point to an outdoor solution is
something that can be mounted on a tower.  If you had a 4 amp PS...maybe but
you still need lots of air movement inside to keep things from condensating.
I've spent TONS of time on this stuff.....I just didn't work.   I hope you
find a better solution.

-bob