RE: [Karlnet] KN-50 Problem

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] KN-50 Problem
From: "KarlNet Support" <support@karlnet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:11:03 -0500
Timothy,

>From the feedback we have received and the testing done in our test lab,
there is nothing conclusive pointing to radio firmware and the specific
issues mentioned. I am not discounting what you have mentioned but at least
from our point of view there has been nothing conclusive in this regard.
Although it is common knowledge different firmware versions will affect
functionality of a radio card.

Neither the FlashROM nor the KN-xxx overwrite the firmware of the card but
they do tell the radio to use a version of the firmware other than what is
currently on the card, I believe there is an exception when it comes to
Intersil based radios. As you mention below the KN-50 does not do this.

We definitely appreciate the efforts of everyone on the list in attempting
to constructively resolve this and other issues and we will continue to
follow through until it is resolved.

As always questions and information pertinent to this and other issues can
be sent to mailto://support@karlnet.com

KarlNet Technical Support
http://www.karlnet.com/Support/Supportmain.htm
614-822-5275 x 128