[Karlnet] Novell & Karlnet

Subject: [Karlnet] Novell & Karlnet
From: <jna@tcpbbs.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:59:36 -0500
Hello,

I just did a new install today and came upon a stumbling block. They have a
small network setup internally with a novel netware 6 server. Problem I need
to overcome is how to get the computers they want on the Internet to
co-exists with there novell server and our radio gateway? The novell server
is setup as 192.168.1.1 and is dishing out dhcp to all client computers. So
how do we get the computers to access the radio for the internet then?
Normaly we would have the radio natting the connection with one public ip
and dishing out dhcp assigning private such as 192.168.1.1 as the radio and
use that as the gateway. If we just gave the radio an ip out of the range
the novell server is handing out, say 192.168.1.200 and assign the client
computer the gateway of 192.168.1.200? We connected them with a RG1000
running 5 user soho. Or is there a better way?

Thanks,
John